Thursday 15 November 2007

A note from the Not So Skinny Cook



Well, its a couple of months since I've started this blog, and so far it's just a couple of recipes. So I've decided to put something of merit into words so you can get a feel for what this is about. Aside from food.

I made this blog in a fit of inspiration in response to a good friend of mine wanting some vegetarian recipes from a cook book that I own. Her name is Apryll and you can find her popular blog here.

If you're keen on design she's the blogger for you (there's your free plug Apryll, tee hee). But seriously, as far as design goes she's got her head screwed on.

But I digress. This blog was started instead of just emailing her a bunch of recipes, in lieu of my book philosophy that I'm lending to my collection of recipes as well. My philosophy was garnered from some advice that one of my former bosses told me about books.

He said "Once you read them, give them freely to someone else. The gift of a good story is one of the best gifts you can give and receive."

And so here it is, recipes that I either found interesting, fun, particularly good eating, or just because Apryll wants to cook it. I apologise to those of you who are not vegetarians as the first several recipes will be that way inclined, but i assure you that more will follow that are definitely NOT vegetarian. I apologise to those of you that ARE vegetarian but i believe that food of all sorts are to be enjoyed regardless of which animals were harmed in the making.

I take no responsibility in how the knowledge garnered here is used (isnt that what the German scientists said in World War 1?) I am merely a conduit for the flow of great recipes and the joy that good food brings. Something to keep in mind when reading this; NEVER TRUST A SKINNY COOK!

Stay sharp and enjoy, fellow food lovers!

James the Not So Skinny Cook.

1 comment:

Apryll Annie said...

I'm looking forward to more fantastic *vegetarian* recipes!